3. Complete a jigsaw puzzle. Many February days are cold and damp outside, so choose a night when everyone is home, and try your hand at completing a puzzle together. I suggest setting it up on a table that you don't need for other things. That way, if you don't complete it in one night, you can leave it out and come back to it another day.
4. Plan a getaway. Nothing makes me think of warm sunshine more than planning a summer vacation at the beach! Not a beach person? That's ok. Start thinking of someplace else you'd like to go either for a vacation or just a day trip this summer.
5. Find local indoor fun! There are so many great places around to have fun indoors. Try something new, or go back to an old favorite!
6. Make a new recipe. Try some comfort food that will warm you up, like chili! Our Macaroni Kid EATS edition featured a recipe for Chili 3 Ways a couple years ago. Which one is your favorite?
7. Paint some rocks. I know, this sounds a little funny, but this is a new take on an old favorite. Did you ever make pet rocks as a child? This is sort of along the same lines, but with paint. Once you paint them, you can keep them for yourself, or place them around your community to bring joy to others.
8. Join the Macaroni Kid Goal Crushing February Challenge. Got things you want to accomplish? Need some motivation? Join us for Macaroni Kid’s Goal Crushing February. Twenty-eight days of inspiration and support to help you crush your goals.
9. Learn about the Presidents. With Presidents' Day on February 20, this month is a good time to learn some new and interesting facts about the forefathers of our country.
10. Buy a new toothbrush. February is National Children's Dental Health Month, and what better way to "celebrate" than with a nice new toothbrush to clean those pearly whites. My kids have a reminder in their bathroom that reads, "You don't have to brush all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep."