I love to make people laugh, and the easiest way to get a chuckle out of others is with a brilliant, well-timed pun. Valentine's Day is an excellent opportunity to bring out these knee-slapping one-liners.
As you're writing your Valentine's Day cards, preparing your children's classroom Valentines, or shopping for heartfelt gifts to give on Feb. 14, spread a little laughter with a cleverly crafted pun. Here are 100 ideas to fuel your creativity.
Vincent Scherer | Canva
❤️ 25 Valentine's Day animal-themed puns ❤️
1. Owl always love you.
2. You are dino-mite.
3. I love you beary much.
4. Say you'll bee mine.
5. You are purrfect for me.
6. When I'm with you, I'm feline fine.
7. I'm so hoppy we're friends.
8. You are so deer to me.
9. There's no otter like you.
10. I'm turtle-y in love with you.
11. Hip, hippo-ray, it's Valentine's Day.
12. I want to give you koala my heart.
13. Ewe are the best.
14. You are paws-itively awesome.
15. I will love you fur-ever.
16. Wishing you a day filled with pugs and kisses.
17. I whale always love you.
18. You give my life a porpoise.
19. I think you toad-ally rock.
20. Iguana be your Valentine.
21. I find you ribbiting.
22. No bunny compares to you.
23. Everyone else is irr-elephant.
24. You are o-fish-ally my favorite.
25. I ain't lion... I think you're great!
vm2002 | Canva
❤️ 50 Valentine's Day food-themed puns ❤️
1. You've gotta pizza my heart.
2. You are soy awesome.
3. Olive you.
4. I love you a latte.
5. Words cannot espresso how much I love you.
6. I love you s'more than you know.
7. I donut know what I'd do without you.
8. I know this sounds cheesy, but we go really gouda together.
9. Brie mine, Valentine.
10. We make a great pear.
11. Don't go bacon my heart.
12. You are the apple of my eye.
13. Let's ketchup.
14. I mustard-mit, you are awesome.
15. I would sacri-fries everything for you.
16. I love you a waffle lot.
17. We're a matcha made in heaven.
18. You're tea-riffic.
19. I find you a-peeling.
20. I love you from my head, tomatoes.
21. You're one in a melon.
22. I love you a whole bunch.
23. We're made pho each other.
24. Udon know how perfect you are for me.
25. You are the raisin why I'm smiling.
Agero Agnis | Canva
26. You make my heart skip a beet.
27. Thanks for pudding up with me.
28. I love you very mochi.
29. I loaf you so much.
30. I knead you in my life.
31. You make me hap-pea
32. I love you cherry much.
33. There's so mushroom in my heart for you.
34. You're a big dill to me.
35. You and me are mint to be.
36. Orange you glad we're friends?
37. You are egg-quisite.
38. With you, I am happier than I've ever bean.
39. You guac my world.
40. You're my butter half.
41. Words cannot express hummus I love you.
42. I cannoli have eyes for you.
43. Lime yours, Valentine.
44. Muffin compares to you.
45. I love being in a relation-chip with you.
46. Lettuce be together forever.
47. Meating you was far from a mis-steak.
48. I'm a sucker for you.
49. You're all that and dim sum.
50. I am nuts about you.
elena_hramowa | Canva
❤️ 25 Valentine's Day gift ideas, and the puns to go with them ❤️
1. Ball: "I hope your Valentine's Day is a ball."
2. Bookmark: "You're #1 in my book."
3. Bracelet: "I'm knot kidding. You're the best!"
4. Candle: "You blow me away."
5. Cookie cutter: "You're a cut above the rest, Valentine."
6. Flashlight: "You light up my life."
7. Football: "You're a great catch."
8. Guitar: "You rock!"
9. Gum: "I chews you."
10. Lip balm: "You are the balm."
11. Book of mazes: "You a-maze me."
12. Pencil: "You're the write one for me."
13. Puzzle: "I love you to pieces."
14. Race car: "You make my heart race."
15. Plane: "You're just plane awesome."
16. Ruler: "You rule."
17. Slime: "Will you be my Valen-slime?"
18. Soccer ball: "I get a kick out of you."
19. Stamps: "You've got my stamp of approval."
20. Stickers: "I'm stuck on you, Valentine."
21. Straws: "You are ex-straw special to me."
22. Succulent: "My life would succ without you."
23. Typography art: "You're just my type."
24. Volcano kit: "I lava you."
25. Wool socks or hat: "Wool you be my Valentine?"
Sarah Hauge is the very punny publisher of Macaroni KID Englewood, Greenwood Village, Centennial, Colo.