Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's vital for growing happy and healthy kids. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to nurture those busy minds. One of our faves is a trip to the museum. Children's museums are an obvious stop for fun, but history, art, and specialty museums still offer a wealth of cultural and educational opportunities for kids of all ages.
Curating all those fantastic experiences in one museum does come at a steep cost, and the resulting admission prices can be a barrier for many families. Thankfully, there's a program you may not be familiar with that offers free or very low-cost admission to 1,200 museums across the country for families with a SNAP EBT card: Museums for All.
Seventy Four | Canva
Museums for All partners with museums nationwide to provide families receiving food assistance free or reduced admission (the max admission under Museums for All is $3).
This unique program allows all families to visit and enjoy museums, along with zoos, botanical gardens, aquariums, historic sites, and much more. All you have to do is present a photo ID and your EBT card. Since the program launched in 2014, more than 8 million visitors nationwide have visited 1,200 museums using Museums for All.
Imagine spending the day exploring world-renowned museums like the Boston Children's Museum, the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, or the Exploratorium in San Francisco without opening your wallet.
urbancow | Canva
Monkey Business Images | Canva
Learn more about the Museums for All program and find participating museums and attractions in your area. Then get ready for a day filled with adventure, learning, and time together!
Participating Museums within 100 miles of Lafayette, IN:
- Wabash County Historical Museum- Wabash, IN
- Swope Art Museum- Terre Haute, IN
- CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center- Terre Haute, IN
- Orpheum Children's Science Museum- Champaign, IL
- Minnetrista- Muncie, IN
- Whitley County Historical Museum- Columbia City, IN
- Lubeznik Center for the Arts- Michigan City, IN
- Children's Museum of South Bend- South Bend, IN
- Studebaker National Museum- South Bend, IN
- The History Museum- South Bend, IN
- Mascot Hall of Fame- Whiting, IN
- kidscommons Columbus' community children's museum- Columbus, IN
- Children's Museum in Oak Lawn- Oak Lawn. IL