First United Methodist Church is the home for this community's Teen MOPS, which meets each Wednesday evening and has been helping with our Feed the Kids backpack program, among other service projects.
Teen MOPS offers:
- Bible-based teaching by women past their teen years who can share insights on motherhood, child rearing, relationships, and other topics of interest to teen moms.
- Discussion groups in an open, caring atmosphere where moms are free to share their ideas and feelings with each other.
- The opportunity to express creativity through crafts and life-skills.
- Leadership training and development.
- A chance to be with other teen moms who share similar circumstances.
- A place of encouragement, where motherhood is valued and women are special, no matter what their status, education, or personal issues.
- The opportunity to build friendships with MOPS Mentors.
- The safe and positive environment of MOPPETS for children to receive Christian love and teaching
Volunteers are welcome, as are gently used clothes for infants and young children as well as diapers.